What is it?
RailsCollab is a free web based Project Management and Collaboration tool largely inspired by [Basecamp] 1, the communication-oriented project management solution from 37signals.
Its roots come from a similar project called ProjectPier (previously known as ActiveCollab), which instead of Ruby is written in PHP.
Manage projects. How?
In RailsCollab, you have the following:
- Task lists - to keep track of what needs to get done, and who is responsible
- Milestones - to track what needs to get done and by whom
- Times - to record how much time has been spent on a project or task
- Files - to share data with your clients
- Messages - for centralized communication
You can add clients to your projects at any time. Each member of a client can have a login, whose access can be restricted to certain elements of the project.
How can i install / upgrade?
A word of warning however. If you are upgrading from an old version pre-0.8 stable (database version 14 or lower), then MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR UPLOADED FILES.
I have an issue. Where can i report it?
Feel free to report any issues or feature requests you might have to the [tracker on LightHouse] 2.
Are there any screenshots or is there even a demo?
Please refer to the project entry on [OpenSourceRails] 5 for any screenshots or demos.
For licensing details, refer to the [LICENSE] 6 file in the root directory.