Kiko Plus Theme
You can see live demo here
This theme is inspired by Kiko theme, powered by Jekyll, hosted on Github Pages.
- Disqus comment system
- Google analytics
- Pagination support
- Custom tags
- SEO support
Method 1: new master's repository (The Best)
- First fork it.
- Change your forked repository name Kiko-plus to USERNAME.github.io where USERNAME is your github user name.
- Access your new blog via https://username.github.io.
- See configuration.
Method 2: gh-pages in existing repository
- Create a new branch called gh-pages in the repository where you want to add a template managing branches.
- From command line run
git clone https://github.com/AWEEKJ/Kiko-plus.git- this will clone Kiko-plus template to your computer.
- Create new branch
git checkout -b gh-pageswhere gh-pages will be your branch name.
- Add remote, which is your repo from the first step, to your new branch
git remote add gh-pages https://github.com/<yourName>/<yourMaster>/gh-pages. yourName is your account name and yourMaster is your repository.
- Push new branch to remote
git push gh-pages.
_config.ymlfile by changing
baseurl: "<branchName>"branchName is your branch name where gh-pages resides. See configuration.
Method 3: run it locally
- Download zip or clone it
git clone https://github.com/AWEEKJ/Kiko-plus.
- Go inside folder and run
bundle exec jekyll sor
rake preview. This will build a website which you can access https://localhost:4000. You need to have Jekyll installed to do this.
All configuration is done via
_config.yml file which you will find in your main repo folder. Change this
<something> to yours.
- Change this to your blog name.
- Change this to your domain. NOTE- if running locally change this to
- Change this to your branch name where gh-pages resides. !NOTE apply only if you used Method 2 for installation.
- These configuration in
author:is for links to icons in footer. Modify
_includes/footer.htmlto add more link icons.
author: name: your-name facebook: your-id twitter: your-id github: your-id linkedin: your-id medium: your-id tumblr: your-id email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Change this to your Google Analytic ID.
google-analytics: id: your-id
- Change this to your Disqus ID.
disqus: id: your-id
$ rake post title="A Title" [date="2015-08-16"] [tags=[tag1,tag2]] $ rake draft title="A Title" [date="2015-08-16"] [tags=[tag1,tag2]] $ rake preview
This theme is released under MIT License.