#!/usr/bin/env perl use strict; use warnings; use WWW::Shorten 'TinyURL'; # Recommended # use WWW::Shorten 'Bitly'; # or one of the others # Individual modules have have their own syntactic variations. # See the documentation for the particular module you intend to use for details my $url = 'https://metacpan.org/pod/WWW::Shorten'; my $short_url = makeashorterlink($url); my $long_url = makealongerlink($short_url); # - OR - # If you don't like the long function names: use WWW::Shorten 'TinyURL', ':short'; my $short_url = short_link($url); my $long_url = long_link( $short_url );
A Perl interface to various services that shorten URLs. These sites maintain databases of long URLs, each of which has a unique identifier.
The following shorten services have been deprecated as the endpoints no longer exist or function:
When version 3.100 is released, these deprecated services will not be part of the distribution.
A very simple program called
shorten is supplied in the
bin folder. This program takes a URL and
gives you a shortened version of it.
ISSUES OR CONTRIBUTIONS
Please submit any issues you might have. We appreciate all help, suggestions, noted problems, and especially patches.
- If you know of a shorten service that we don't already have, make your own service and release it as a separate module, like WWW::Shorten::Googl or WWW::Shorten::Bitly. Alternatively, you can let us know and we'll be happy to work it up for you.
Iain Truskett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alex Page -- for the original LWP hacking on which Dave based his code.
- Ask Bjoern Hansen -- providing WWW::Shorten::Metamark
- Chase Whitener email@example.com
- Dave Cross firstname.lastname@example.org -- Authored WWW::MakeAShorterLink on which this was based
- Eric Hammond -- writing WWW::Shorten::NotLong
- Jon and William (wjr) -- smlnk services
- Kazuhiro Osawa email@example.com
- Kevin Gilbertson (Gilby) -- TinyURL API information
- Martin Thurn -- bug fixes
- Matt Felsen (mattf) -- shorter function names
- Neil Bowers firstname.lastname@example.org
- PJ Goodwin -- code for WWW::Shorten::OneShortLink
- Shashank Tripathi email@example.com -- for providing WWW::Shorten::SnipURL
- Simon Batistoni -- giving the
makealongerlinkidea to Dave.
- Everyone else we might have missed.
In 2004 Dave Cross took over the maintenance of this distribution following the death of Iain Truskett.
In 2016, Chase Whitener took over the maintenance of this distribution.
LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002 by Iain Truskett.
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.