$ git clone git://github.com/shock/easybooks.git
Edit easybooks/config/database.yml for your database configuration.
$ cd easybooks $ rake db:create $ rake db:schema:load
Then start the server:
$ cd easybooks $ script/server
To create a user, visit /users/new.
This is still very much a work in progress. It was my first Rails project and it shows. My goal is to revisit this project and update it using the Rails, HTML, CSS, and JS I have learned since then.
- Upgrade Rails to version 3.x.
- Implement scrollable AJAX paging in register view so that only the transactions for the viewable scrolling area are sent from the server
- Enhance AJAX in register view to update balances when CRUD'ing transactions.
- Install Rubble and convert layouts to use it.
- Re-skin with more attractive, modern UI design.
- Support linked transactions for transfers between accounts.
- Support account reconciliation through Web UI.