tox - (Tomcat, Oracle & XML)
What is it?
This is version 2.0 of tox.
- Modernized for Java 8.
- Simplified jar dependencies.
- Self contained configuration.
- Output JSON without XSLT tranform.
- Using CLOB rather than VARCHAR2 in spool table.
- Lowered logging threshold to console (catalina.out).
- Stripped XML declaration from includes.
- Localized the logging so that you no longer edit the logging.properties which belongs to Tomcat.
- Removed root and space features that no one ever used and cluttered the code.
- Added tomcat logging in $TOMCAT_HOME/logs.
- Corrected the bug where model parameters could not contain a single quote.
- Improved performance by using StringBuilder instead of StringBuffer.
- Improved performance by testing for verbose debugging outside of the debug class rather than inside the debug class method.
- Utilized Java 1.5 URLConnection.setReadTimeout in the href class, thus eliminating the need for a sub-class thread to perform the timeout function.
- Initial release. Stable and production worthy.
The tox web archive (war) is designed to run within a tomcat installation against an Oracle relational database. Tomcat is available from the Apache Software Foundation at http://tomcat.apache.org/. Oracle's relational database is a commercial database, available from Oracle Corp. at http://www.oracle.com.
This software and all of its components are published under the General Public License (GPL) version 2 as open source. Originally developed at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, it was initially released on July 2nd, 2008, reference LLNL-CODE-404550.