Please send me a message if you are interested in contributing. Here is a quick overview of some things I'd like to add to the gem:
- Merge in forked versions of this gem. (Any idea what forks are worth while?)
- Provide a way to retrieve the error message with actions beside list are called.
- Make ListProxy optional on list actions. Some people have valid reason to deal with pagination.
- Add OAuth.
- Add WebHooks.
- More tests, including integration tests.
- Write some documentation and examples.
- Launch an official 3.0 (maybe call it 4.0) version of the gem.
- Post the official version to rubygems.
- Ensure rubygems aren't required for this gem.
FreshBooks.rb is a Ruby interface to the FreshBooks API. It exposes easy-to-use classes and methods for interacting with your FreshBooks account.
NOTE: These examples are out of date and need to be updated. I will be writing documentation for all the updates soon and will be pushing the changes to rubyforge in the near future.
Updating a client name:
clients = FreshBooks::Client.list client = clients client.first_name = 'Suzy' client.update
Updating an invoice:
invoice = FreshBooks::Invoice.get(4) invoice.lines.quantity += 1 invoice.update
Creating a new item
item = FreshBooks::Item.new item.name = 'A sample item' item.create
This work is distributed under the MIT License. Use/modify the code however you like.
sudo gem install bcurren-freshbooks.rb
FreshBooks.rb is written and maintained by Ben Curren at Outright.com. Ben Vinegar was the original developer and we have taken over maintenance of the gem from now on.