Dotter is a programmatic dot file generator. It is NOT a dot language renderer (i.e. replacement for graphviz 3).
- programmatic dot generator
- support for Java objects as nodes
- partial type-safety
The library has not yet been pushed to any public maven repository but installation is still fairly easy. Just download the source and run
Finally declare it as a maven dependency.
<dependency> <groupId>org.instilled</groupId> <artifactId>Dotter</artifactId> <version>0.0.1</version> </dependency>
If your project is not using maven then either compile and package the library or copy the source to your project.
Using dotter is intuitive and self-explanatory. Import the Dotter class and start using it with Dotter.graph(..) or Dotter.digraph(..). For more information read Dotter's Javadoc.
Any contributions are of course welcome!
- push to maven central
- subgraphs not yet supported
- rendering support from within Java building upon graphviz or any other renderer, maybe even native Java?
- normalize edges: currently an edge can spawn multiple nodes > aligned to dot language (multiple nodes connected on one line = one edge)
- add DotRenderer tests (necessary?)
- make a fully typed interface (attributes included)
- JSON renderer?
Copyright and license
Licensed under the New BSD License (aka Modified BSD License). See LICENSE file.