THE OMICHRONIC 2012 RULEBOOK
Codifying the rules for our fantasy football league.
- Teams may keep a player for 5 * (number of years they've been on your roster) + last year's auction value
- Teams may keep 0, 1, or 2 players
- Teams have until exactly 1 hour before the auction to set their keepers. Failure to do so means you forfeit your keepers.
- A player who was drafted, dropped, and picked up by another team has a "last year auction value" of what the team acquired him for in the waiver auction, and thus may be kept for ($5 + amount paid for in waiver auction).
- If a player was traded, they may be kept for ($5 + auction value)
- Trade deadline is firm, it's your responsibility to be aware of it (no extensions).
- Trades can be vetoed by any 5 teams voting against it
- A trade takes 2 days to clear (keep that in mind for Thursday games later in the season!)
- Teams are divided into 6 team conferences
- The top 3 teams from each conference make the playoffs
- The top teams from each conference are seeds #1 and #2 and get a first round bye
- This happens even if another team has a better record or would win a tiebreaker with the other team (ie, one division is stacked and the other sucks)
- After the top two, the remaining four teams are seeded based on record and tiebreakers, regardless of division
Seeding tiebreakers (in order)
- overall record
- total points for
- head to head
- ESPN gets to decide after that
- 50 entry fee
- 1st place: everything else
- 2nd place: entry fee back
- Everyone else: nothing