Adds a handy Textile toolbar to any text area. The toolbar currently offers the following functions:
- Bold: select some text and click this button to make it bold.
- Italic: select some text and click this button to make it italic.
- Insert Hyperlink: select some text, click, enter URL, and link is inserted.
- Insert Image: click, enter image URL, and image is inserted at cursor.
A link to a Textile reference page is also shown beside the toolbar.
Add this line to your application's Gemfile:
And then execute:
Or install it yourself as:
$ gem install textile_toolbar
Use the textile_area helper where you would normally use the text_area helper. Yep, it's that simple!
<%= text_area :article, :body %> # plain old text area <%= textile_area :article, :body %> # text area with Textile toolbar
Form blocks are supported, letting you do this also:
<% form_for :article do |f| -%> <%= f.textile_area :body %> <% end -%>
Any options that can be passed to text_area can also be passed to textile_area. For example, to set the width and height:
<%= textile_area :article, :body, :rows => 5, :cols => 10 %>
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request
- Add specs for existing functionality
- Incorporate live preview? See http://jrm.cc/extras/live-textile-preview.php
- More buttons (check PHP bulletin board)
- Create Radiant extension for admin text areas
- Convert textile_toolbar.js to jQuery
Repository: http://github.com/pelargir/textile_toolbar/ Blog: http://matthewbass.com Author: Matthew Bass