A Rails web application to write down the money you owe people and what they owe you. Create bills with a friend's name, a descrition and an amount. Just write it once and forget about it.
A bit like Billmonk.com only open source, RESTful, with HTML5 & SVG.
- Author: Sunny Ripert
- Licence: GNU GPL v3
- Try it out: http://iou.heroku.com
With ruby 1.9.2 (RVM might come handy):
$ git clone https://firstname.lastname@example.org/sunny/iou.git $ cd iou $ bundle install $ rake db:migrate $ rails server
Here are the environment variables you might need to fill, for example in your
export IOU_HOST='localhost:3000' export IOU_TOKEN='your_app_token_here_should_be_a_long_string_of_random_characters' export IOU_EMAILemail@example.com' export IOU_PEPPER='your_pepper_string_should_also_be_a_long_string_of_random_characters' export IOU_RPX_APP_NAME='your_janrain_engage_app_name_that_you_setup_on_rpxnow_dot_com' export IOU_RPX_KEY='the_corresponding_rpx_key'
Planned to do
- Bills with more than two participants
- Recurrent bills (e.g. rent)
- Support for several currencies
- Support for other means of payments than money (he he.)
- Sharing debts between users
- Full test coverage
- Sexy charts and pies
- Internationalisation, in French at least
- iPhone stylesheet
- A CSS that doesn't break too much on IE (notice how it's not at the top of the list)