The article shows six versions of an application that sorts color circles.
- The first color sorter works, but it's a little slow.
- The second color sorter isolates the color sorter so it's easier to profile.
- The third color sorter optimizes the conversion from RGB to hex colors.
- The fourth color sorter combines all DOM changes into a single change.
- The fifth color sorter removes the hex colors to complete the optimizations.
- The sixth color sorter automatically loads when the page runs with the new faster function.