Synote is a multimedia annotation system based on Web 2.0 and emerging Web 3.0 (semantic Web and linked data). In Synote note, you can:
- Listen to recordings whilst viewing the transcript and slides and making synchronised notes.
- Annotate only a certain part of audio-visual resources from all over the Web and share them online.
- Automatically publish media fragments and annotations using Linked Data and they are searchable by Google.
- Transcripts can be automatically uploaded via speech recognition if linked to this type of service (only for users of University of Southampton).
It's created and maintained by Yunjia Li,Dr Mike Wald and EA Draffan at Web and Internet Science Research Group, School of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton.
Synote is maintained under the Semantic Versioning, so the version will be numbered in following format:
For more information on SemVer, please visit http://semver.org/.
- Add support for mobile and tablet devices, especially audio and video replay
- Use Twitter Bootstrap to optimise user interface for mobile and tablet
Yunjia Li (Leading Developer, University of Southampton)
Dr Mike Wald (Pinciple Investigator, University of Southampton)
E.A. Draffan (Project Manager, University of Southampton)
*Raphael Troncy (EURECOM, Biot, France)
*Giuseppe Rizzo (EURECOM, Biot, France)
This application is protected under Modified BSD License
Copyright 2012 University of Southampton. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. Neither the name of the University of Southampton nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.