Overmind is client-server based remote support/monitoring application over a TCP connection. It supports complete event logging as well as recording facility for archival purposes.
- Features a small footprint of 40 bits (5 bytes) to encode key/mouse event information along with modifier keys.
- Supports multiple client manager using a tabbed approach.
- Uses an underlying TCP layer implementation which can be extended for additional functionality.
- On the fly image quantisation and quality adjustment.
- Facility to record session.
- Low level event logging and remote control.
- Shell/CMD access
The project is dependent upon the following:
- .NET Framework 3.5
- WinApi Dlls (user32.dll, gdi32.dll and kernel32.dll)
- 7z executable (7za.exe)
You will need to compile the project in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
Overmind is licensed under GNU LGPL v3 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-3.0.html).
Overmind is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Overmind is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with Overmind. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
- Start a server on the host machine.
- Connect the remote machine via the client by specifying the host address.
- The server now has access to the remote client.