Cwatch is a simple program written in C, which can be used to monitor files, and perform a shell command when the file has been altered.
Disclaimer and info
The program uses inotify, and was written because i wanted to make it possible to easily compile .tex documents when i save them.
I, ofcourse, accept no responsibilities for anything you do with this program.
Oh, and don't monitor a folder and execute a command on that changes the same folder on edit. That's not pleasant.
Simple checkout the source, type 'make', and hope everything works.
cwatch [options] FILES
- -1 Oneshot, only runs once.
- -e command Command to execute
- -a Execute when file is accessed
- -n Execute when file is created
- -c Execute when file is closed
- -d Execute when file is deleted
- -m Execute when file is modified (default)
- -v Prints when events are received
How i use it:
cwatch -e "make latex" handin.tex