Render Presets lets you manage a library of different common rendering related settings to quickly organize, apply or switch between them.
- Source Code
General installation steps:
- Copy js_render_presets.py, js_render_presets_button.py and js_render_presets.def to LightWave's plug-in folder.
- "Autoscan Plugins" in LightWave 3D 11.0 doesn't seem to pickup Python scripts so you will have to tell LightWave manually of their existence.
- locate the "Add Plugins" button in LightWave and manually add the two .py files.
After the plugin is added to LightWave, I'd recommend placing it in a convenient spot in LightWave’s menu, so all you have to do is press the Render Presets button when you need to use it.
See http://www.artstorm.net/plugins/render-presets/ for usage instructions.
Download the source code:
You can get the latest development branch or any previous tagged version via git clone or by exploring the repository directly in your browser.
- v2.0.1 - 15 Dec 2012
- Fixed bug with presets being referenced instead of copied when duplicating.
- v2.0 - 23 Apr 2012
- Rewrote the plugin in Python and deprecated the LScript version.
- Added new settings introduced with LightWave 3D 11.0: Shading Samples, Light Samples, Camera Min/Max Samples.
- Default values updated to reflect defaults in LightWave 3D 11.0.
- v1.3 - 28 Jun 2011
- Fixed Issue 1: Line 430, attempt to access undeclared array selectedPreset. when running under LightWave 10.0 and 10.1.
- Implemted Issue 2: Duplicate presets button.
- Minor fixes for running the script uncompiled.
- v1.2 - 1 Jun 2010:
- Added a [Grab] button on the Global Illum Panel to copy the current GI settings from the scene.
- v1.1 - 27 May 2010:
- Fixed a bug that could cause a preset to be cleared when closing/opening the window.
- Added a preset option for Camera Resolution Multiplier.
- v1.0 - 7 Mar 2010:
- Release of version 1.0, first public release.
- Johan Steen, http://www.artstorm.net/
- Original author