by Phil Toland http://fiatdev.com
fixes and improvements by Michael Dominic K. http://www.mdk.org.pl
QLMarkdown is a simple QuickLook generator for Markdown files. It renders a preview of the selected Markdown file using Discount -- a C implementation of John Gruber's Markdown.pl script.
To update to the latest version of discount run
For more information on Markdown see http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/.
Simply copy QLMarkdown.qlgenerator to
If the newly installed plugin is not picked up instantly, you can run
qlmanage -r in Terminal to refresh.
To uninstall, drag QLMarkdown into the trash.
Another method, provided you have Homebrew Cask installed, you can run the following commands to set things up:
$ brew update
$ brew cask install qlmarkdown
$ brew cask uninstall qlmarkdown
Note: QuickLook doesn't allow selecting text by default. If you want to select the text in the markdown preview, you will need to enable text selection in QuickLook by running the following command in Terminal:
defaults write com.apple.finder QLEnableTextSelection -bool TRUE; killall Finder
This command is only valid on OS X 10.10 and below as Apple has since removed the ability to select text in QuickLook.
Source code is available at http://github.com/toland/qlmarkdown.
The QLMarkdown code is distributed under the same terms as Discount. See the file
discount/COPYRIGHT for more information.
Version 1.3 - Jan 26, 2012
- Major update of discount markdown engine
Version 1.2 - Oct 4, 2009
- Work around a conflict with MacVim (thanks to godDLL)
- Support for .mdml extension (alanhogan)
- CSS that mimics Apple's ADC styling (jiho)
Version 1.1 - Feb 11, 2009
- Adding a little bit of CSS styling. (mdk)
- Replace the Perl markdown renderer with a native C one (discount). (mdk)
- Conform to public plain-text. Will make spotlight index the file contents. (mdk)
- Added support for .md file extension (sant0sk1)
Version 1.0 - July 15, 2008
- Initial release.