Repo Deprecation Warning
This is no longer the official repository for the Adhearsion project. The official source code repository is now located at http://github.com/adhearsion/adhearsion. Please watch that repository going forward.
Adhearsion is an open-source voice application development framework. Adhearsion users write applications atop the framework with Ruby and call into their code.
- An elegant system of call controllers for writing the code which controls a live phone call.
- An events subsystem which maintains a Thread-pool for executing your namespaced callbacks.
- A very useful plugin architecture with which you may write Adhearsion plugins and share them with the world via RubyGems.
- JRuby compatibility for running atop the Java Virtual Machine and using virtually any Java library.
- Ability to re-use existing Ruby on Rails database models with ActiveRecord/ActiveLDAP
- Easy interactive communication via XMPP instant messages using the Blather library
- Strong test coverage
- Much more
- Ruby 1.9.2+ or JRuby 1.6.7+
- A VoIP platform:
- Asterisk 1.8+
- Prism 11+ with rayo-server
- An interest in building cool new things
gem install adhearsion
An Adhearsion application can be as simple as this:
answer say 'Hello, and thank you for your call. We will put you through to the front desk now...' dial 'tel:+18005550199' hangup
For more examples, check out the website.
Original author: Jay Phillips
Adhearsion has a set of contribution guidelines which help to smooth the contribution process. There is a pre-commit hook that runs encoding checks available in pre-commit. To use it, please copy it to .git/hooks/pre-commit and make it executable.
Copyright (c) 2011 Individual contributors. GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (see LICENSE for details).