Utility methods for accessor-related meta-programming.
Extends String and Symbol instances with variable/accessor methods, provides swizzling helpers, provides accessor-related math for transforming :accessor, :reader, :writer.
Given attribute accessor types :accessor, :reader, :writer:
- status_plus_other_status( :accessor, :reader ) = :accessor
- status_plus_other_status( :accessor, :writer ) = :accessor
- status_plus_other_status( :reader, :writer ) = :accessor
- status_plus_other_status( :reader, :reader ) = :reader
- status_minus_other_status( :accessor, :reader ) = :writer
- status_minus_other_status( :accessor, :writer ) = :reader
- status_minus_other_status( :reader, :writer ) = :reader
- status_minus_other_status( :reader, :reader ) = nil
Given a class with a method defined:
class ExampleClass def some_method return :first_value end end
Swizzle methods within the present context:
class ExampleClass include AccessorUtilities::Swizzle swizzle_method( :some_method ) do :second_value end end
Result is method call invokes block used to swizzle method:
class ExampleClass self.some_method # => :second_value end
AccessorUtilities::StringInstance and AccessorUtilities::SymbolInstance
- sudo gem install accessor_utilities
(The MIT License)
Copyright (c) 2012 Ridiculous Power, Asher
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.