Mac Typography Layout
This layout lets you to enter characters usually unavailable on a keyboard with unusual ease. This layout is based on Ilia Birman's typography layout but it has some modifications:
- It works well on Macs with US keyboards and International English ones.
- It has all punctuation signs where they are engraved on a keyboard when you type in Russian.
- It has Eszett (ß) at
- It has Russian Rouble sign (₷) at
- Copy all files to
- Go to System Preferences → Language & Text → Input Sources.
- Enable "English — Typography", or "Russian — Typography", or both.
Layout starts working in each app after app is restarted.
How to disable "U.S." layout (irrelevant since OS X 10.9)
Do not try this at home.
~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.HIToolbox.*.plistwith your plist editor.
Under AppleEnabledInputSources, delete the node that looks like this:
<dict> <key>InputSourceKind</key> <string>Keyboard Layout</string> <key>KeyboardLayout ID</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>KeyboardLayout Name</key> <string>U.S.</string> </dict>
Save, logout and login back again.