Development of this project was sponsored by xtmotion.com.
- PHP 5.3 and above
- with SQLite support
- ready to be used as command line tool (provided by xtbackup.php tool)
- no installation needed, works everywhere where PHP 5.3 and above is installed
- DreamHost tested
- designed as re-usable PHP code library
- configurable with single/multiple INI file(s) and command line options
- efficient compare algorithm
- works with huge amount of files
- minimize traffic and CPU
- use time and md5 for change detection
- sqlite3 implementation
- backup from Linux/Windows file system
- support for UTF8 file names
- support for case-sensitive file names
- symlink handling
- backup to Amazon S3 storage
- parallel upload multiple parts of huge files
- multiple backups into the same bucket
- on 32bit architecture, current implementation of the PHP-AWS library doesn't support files over 2GB
- configurable independent output drivers
- output to console
- log into sqlite database
- extendable with PHP code
- file filters
- new storage drivers
- backup preparation processes (DB, subversion, etc.)
- improved compare algorithm
- get code from http://github.com/k2s/xtbackup
- git clone git://github.com/k2s/xtbackup.git
- cd xtbackup
- git submodule update --init
- copy examples/minimal.ini and examples/s3access.ini to own folder
- modify this files (see Configuration section)
- test environment for Amazon S3 backups (read the output):
php -f xtbackup.php ini=/path_to/minimal.ini storage.s3.compatibility-test=true
- dry run with :
php -f xtbackup.php ini=/path_to/s3access.ini ini=/path_to/minimal.ini
- to really upload files:
php -f xtbackup.php ini=/path_to/s3access.ini ini=/path_to/minimal.ini storage.s3.update=true
There is Docker image in Doicker registry .
php -f xtbackup.php -- --init > myconfig.ini
- edit myconfig.ini
php -f xtbackup.php -- ini=myconfig.ini
xtbackup is build as library which may be included into different programs.
The controll programm
xtbackup.php is provided to make backup task functionality available and it makes it possible to execute backup tasks.
xtbackup.php by itself interprets following command line options:
- --help : will output basic information how to use the programm
- --init : generate documented INI skeleton
- --quiet-start : it is possible to suppress output to console in start phase of engine
All other command line parameters passed to
xtbackup.php are forwarded to
xtbackup engine as configuration options.
Most of configuration is done in INI file(s), but command line passed options have precedence over INI definitions.
Special case is the
ini options which can't be used in INI files.
It is possible to define multiple
ini options on command line, they precedence is given in order they are listed.
The purpose of multiple
ini options and precedence of command line options over INI is:
- sharing of configuration
- security, credentials may be stored in private INI files
To start with backup follow:
xtbackup.php --init > myconfig.ini
- edit myconfig.ini
Read output of
xtbackup.php --init, that is all we have and yes, you are welcome to contribute with more and better documentation.
Creating PHAR package
Submit issues or support requests to http://github.com/k2s/xtbackup/issues.
USE ON YOUR OWN RISK. WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. This project is used in production environment to backup data and MySQL databases to local and S3 storage. The Authors will not be responsible for any damage users may suffer, including but not limited to, loss of data.
- working with Amazon S3:
- writing with Markup
- work donated by xtmotion.com
- Martin Minka
- Alex Melnyk
- Artem Komarov
xtBackup uses following libraries:
xtBackup is free and unencumbered public domain software. For more information, see http://unlicense.org/ or the accompanying UNLICENSE file.