Currently, it is still in a research phase. You can try it, but it is not for production use. We'd like to hear any comments.
Various written documenation is located at doc directory.
Generated code documenation
[Fresh generated documenation] (http://rubydoc.info/github/openSUSE/gloves)
How to try it from git
install rubygem dependencies from the OpenSUSE build system Ruby Extensions repositories
sudo zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/YaST:/Head:/Gloves/openSUSE_12.2 sudo zypper in rubygem-ruby-augeas augeas-lenses rubygem-packaging_rake_tasks sudo rake install cd gloves-country ruby examples/timezone_conf
How to obtain permission for common user:
su mkdir -p /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50.local.d cp doc/org.opensuse.config_agent.pkla /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50.local.d #replace <yourcooluser> with real user in /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50.local.d/org.opensuse.config_agent.pkla
How to try it from packages
OpenSUSE Build Service project with packages TODO create pattern
- config_agent-* - contains packages with config agents
- doc - overall documentation
- libconfigagent - infrastructure and generators for config agents
- yast - contains modified YaST modules using Gloves
- gloves-* - contains high level configuration library