Prefuse is a Java-based toolkit for building interactive information visualization applications. It was developed until 2007 by its original author, Jeffrey Heer. Prefuse is licensed under the terms of a BSD license and can be freely used for both commercial and non-commercial purposes. The original website is at prefuse.org.
This project at GitHub is a fork by Hanns Holger Rutz which aims at providing easy maven access for several projects which depend on Prefuse. All changes are released under the same original license.
This fork builds with sbt 0.13. To launch the demos, run
To link to this library from Maven:
<dependency> <groupId>de.sciss</groupId> <artifactId>prefuse-core</artifactId> <version>1.0.0</version> </dependency>
"de.sciss" % "prefuse-core" % "1.0.1"
Please see the file CONTRIBUTING.md
The following changes and refactorings have been applied on the original code as published through the beta-20071021 snapshot:
- the project builds now with sbt 0.13 instead of ant.
- the parent project contains two sub projects
demos, where the original plain library corresponds to
- the original
readme.txthas been renamed to
- all the license files have been moved into the
- the ant files have been removed:
build.xmland the shell scripts for running ant
- the eclipse files
.projecthave been removed
- the directory structure has been changed to reflect the default layout of sbt
- an arbitrary version number has been chosen as offset for the artifact
- the sources have been converted from latin1 to utf8 encoding
- the api docs have been removed from the source folder. the can be rebuild as scaladoc files with sbt target
- several occurrences of
AbstractTreeMap.Entryhave been corrected in
prefuse.util.collectionsso javadoc doesn't choke on them
datafolder was split into
- a demo selector class
prefuse.demos.Demoshas been added. To run it:
TreeTesthas been modified so that it won't depend on the
TreeMapdemo anymore (it has a copy of the data set now).
- The bug fixes from the other fork at https://github.com/prefuse/Prefuse have been incorporated as far as they were relevant.
The following fixes have been incorporated
- #3048039 Iterator bug in Dynamic Aggregate removal