TagFS - Limit View on Filesystem by Tags
TagFS is a filesystem in userspace. It takes an existing directory with tags and allows to limit the view on this filesystem by tags.
- tags are read from a file in each directory named
- tags can be combined by
-, for example
music+electronic-minimalwould show only files which have tags
- at the root of the filesystem the tags can be selected, i.e.
cd /mountpoint/music+electronic-minimal/contains the original files limited by the tags
- the root of the filesystem lists all available tags
echo tag1 >> /files/foo/.tags echo tag2 >> /files/foo/bar/.tags echo tag2 >> /files/baz/.tags
$ ./mount /files /mountpoint
Note: The tag files are read only once and are cached thereafter. Only remounting helps currently.
$ fusermount -u /mountpoint
TODO / Planned Features
- allow to tag files (currently only directories)
- different options to store the tags (per-directory or central database)
- writable filesystem (currently only the basic read operations are implemented)
- reload tags as necessary
- improve performance to compute tags of directories
- maybe organize tags as trees
- custom event loop instead of fuse_main so signals can be handled properly