CONTENTS OF THIS FILE
- Current Stable Version
CURRENT STABLE VERSION
Current Version is: IRCBot Boga.
An IRC bot intended for RPG use. The name is a throughly contrived recursive acronym.
This is a simple PERL script that processes IRC chat commands. The initial intent is to generate numbers to simulate the rolling of dice in RPGs. Based on (taken almost completely from) http://archive.oreilly.com/pub/h/1964.
Place IRCBot.pl in an appropriate directory.
Set appropriate values for $server, $port, $channel, $nick, and $login.
No common troubleshooting exists as of yet.
No questions at all as of yet.
- Add a shortcut for rolling D&D 5e's (dis-)advantage rolls.
- Expand to allow easy modification by users.
- Add command line options. [added: Boga]
- Add Fudge dice [added: Boga]
- Add exploding dice (roll maximum, add additional die). [added: Boga]
- Add success count rolling. [added: Boga]
- Add old WoD botch mechanics. [added: Boga]
- Add 10-/9-/8-again mechanics.
- Add help responder.
- Add roll and keep. [added: Capelin]