Migration from Xoops (CBB) to FluxBB.
Base on xoops2punbb By Guillaume Kulakowski (LLaumgui) .
Web : http://www.llaumgui.com . eMail : guillaume AT llaumgui DOT com .
- php5 or plus.
- php-cli if you want to run the script using command line. The script work using a browser but output is better on a shell.
- Little knowlage of php.
Gnu/GPL version 3.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Concretely this script converted:
- Groups of members: The permissions will be the same for all groups. They will therefore be to change thereafter.
- Xoops allowing multiple groups to one member, that punBB do not, the members are all tarred with the same group members (id = 4).
- Avatars must all put in the correct folders (img / avatars).
- Populate the fluxbb ban users from xoops banned users group
- The categories.
- The topics
- Positions: It is the big piece, there is a batch processing for large databases.
It is simple. Edit xoops2fluxBB.php, inside this file there is the class Xoops2fluxBB, edit the config variable. Go to the end of file. Here you find the conversion methods called. Comment the methods you don't want to execute.
It is better to don't call method in other order than the order presented in this file.
The code is well documented, so please read the code to undestand the methods workflow.
Run the script using Php CLI. You can run it using webserver and a browser request, but the output is not good...
More info about the conversion of Xoops cbb forum to punBB (the first script) :
- check htaccess rewrite rule (add users profile link)
- translate French comment in English
- create a function to update group id of users and which group id use if a users has got multiple groups
- create function to convert xoops avatars to fluxbb avatars
- check the correct mapping of conversion from old xoops table (cbb also) to fluxbb table
- check how to convert first 2 users of xoops into fluxbb (fluxbb user id 1 is Guest, id 2 is the first Admin)
- check for add conversion for ban user;
- create documentation