This is just a playground for some experimenting with different designs for ISIS2.
Some goals include:
- first impression that suggests web x.0 instead of web 1997
- stronger University of Iowa branding
- making basic navigation more accessible
- cleaning up the HTML, moving to HTML5/CSS - away from table/font/junk...
- playing nice with publication standards, fonts, colors when possible
- dealing with different sized browser layouts?
Each design has examples of the following pages:
- login page
- home page
- student records index page
- new admissions profile
- student handbook
- new courses page
Some comments about the different designs:
- Full bar, icon defines ISIS, greeting outside bar
- gradient profile boxes
- Full bar, simplified ISIS icon (bigger), University of Iowa text pushed right
- button based navbar mouse overs
- similar to 2, reduced nav bar, pushed up and to the right of the icon (smaller header)
- similar to 3, but a liquid design with just a min-width on the main content area
- similar to 4, but black on gold instead of gold on black