A beast with many heads. Keep one or more PhoneGap app assets "in the cloud" on build.phonegap.com, and use this shell to store different apps and keep each app up-to-date with the latest assets.
- Edit the
CALLBACK_ANDROIDand other platform paths at the top of the
make <platform>to generate the PhoneGap/Callback/Cordova project under
cd dist/<platform>and then run the platform-specific tools to debug/test/deploy/sign/etc.
iOS' Special Needs
Include libz.dylib in your project
- Xcode 4
- Select your target
- Select Build Phases tab
- Expand Link Binary with Libraries
- Press + at the bottom
- Search and add libz.dylib (expand collapsed directories)
- (Optional) Move into the "Frameworks" group
- Xcode 4
In PhoneGap.plist, under "Plugins", add these new entries:
- For the key, add "AppLoader", and for the value, add "AppLoader"
- For the key, add "com.nitobi.BinaryDownloader", and for the value, add "BinaryDownloader"
- For the key, add "com.nitobi.ZipUtil", and for the value, add "ZipUtil"
For PhoneGap 1.1, In PhoneGap.plist, under "ExternalHosts", add these new entries:
- (any other hosts that your downloaded app needs to connect to - of course you need to know this in advance - or you can use "*" to allow everything)
- Easier to manage application updates; a poor man's TestFlight.
- Theoretically more secure. However: be warned I don't know shit about security.