imgspread spreads a thumbnail to a bigger image inside the text and pans the surrounding or beneath text.
- regional east bavarian newspaper idowa.de with smooth zoom
- version for mediawiki with srcset attribute, script on wikipedia.
Usability pros and cons:
- there is no modal window, so the main window still can be used and seen.
- if there is no JS: you get an unobtrusive thumb and link to the big version
- word wraps in continuous text changes every time you zoom in a image
Has anybody similar approaches? fork or firstname.lastname@example.org
- big image with url logic