Second peer assignment of Getting and Cleaning Data, a Coursera course.
The code for running the analysis is included in "run_analysis.R". The steps in the code are:
- reads train and test datasets and merge them
- reads the names of the variables
- selects only the variable related to the mean or std of the available measuremments.
- renames the variable in a more standard way
- reads the activity of each observation in the dataset and adds them to the dataset
- add the descriptive name for each activity
- reads the files containing the subjects of each observation
- adds the subject to each observation
- creates the mean for each subject during each activity
- writes the tidy dataset to a file
To run the code, once the R session is in the folder with the "UCI HAR Dataset" folder, executes all the command in the run_analysis.R file.
It is also provided a code book file, CodeBook.md, that better explains the data, the variables and the transformation performed.