Boost Library Incubator website
- Built with Wordpress
- Plus nine Wordpress "plug-ins"
- Plus approximately 1000 lines of php code in 7 files
- Pages built with DocBook and converted to html via xslt
- Maintains compatibility with current Boost practices
- Complements Boost Modularization with GitHub to move Boost to the 21st century social media/interactive model for creative and collaborative development
Notes on Setting up version on local Mac OS machine
- I've found the best source for information on this to be at http://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/get-apache-mysql-php-phpmyadmin-working-osx-10-9-mavericks/
It focuses on using/configuring the tools already installed on the Mac to do this. That is PHP and Apache server are already installed. What remains to be downloaded and configured are:
- phpMyAdmin - for administering the My SQL installation
- I had to change the default PHP configuration to permit input of larger files. This was needed to permit loading of a back up database to the local installation. In my case this entailed editing /private/etc/php.ini . For this to take effect, I had to reboot my system!